Drug and Alcohol Treatment Services:
Prime for Life / ADETS (ASAM .5)
- An “eduvention” Prime for Life is a 16 hour alcohol and drug counseling/education/intervention program presented by October Road, Inc. certified staff. Meets and exceeds requirements for a brief (16 hour) substance use Education/Intervention Program and the NC State minimum requirement for ADETS, a DWI sanction for certain offenders. Is considered a Best Practice outpatient intervention for all DWI offenders. May be utilized as a precursor to more intensive Substance Abuse Treatment; it is effective in client engagement and initiating his/her movement through the Stages of Change. Further recommendations can be made following PFL by the certified instructor.
- Dates and times vary. Click here for current schedule.
- Please call to register: (828) 350-1000
Early Recovery (ASAM I)
- Matrix Model/Seeking Safety Drug and Alcohol Treatment groups that meet 2x per week for 2 hours each session.
- Day Early Recovery groups are Tuesday and Thursday 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Evening Early Recovery groups are Tuesday and Thursday 5:30pm – 7:30pm
SAIOP (Substance Abuse Intensive Out-patient) (ASAM II)
- Matrix Model/Seeking Safety Drug and Alcohol Treatment groups that meet 3x per week for 3 hours each session.
- Women's IOP groups are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Day IOP groups are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Evening IOP groups are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Aftercare (Continuing Care/Post-Intensive Treatment) (ASAM I)
- Matrix Model/Seeking Safety Drug and Alcohol Treatment groups that meet 1x per week for 1.5 hours each session.
- Evening Aftercare group is Thursday 5:30pm - 7:00pm
DWI Assessment and Treatment
- NC State Certified DWI Assessment and Treatment provider
Mental Health Services:
Out-patient Therapy and Medication Management
- This service is office based and includes individual and group therapy sessions and medication appointments with Psychiatric Nurse Practictioners as needed.
- We offer a variety of Mental Health groups on various days and at various times.
Peer Support Services
- Peer Support Services are built into the services we offer at October Road. We believe that employing highly trained persons with lived experience has been a key component in client satisfaction and quality support. Our Peer Support Staff are certified as NC Peer Support Specialists and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to each team.
ACTT (Assertive Community Treatment Team)
- ACTT is designed as a “hospital without walls” and provides high intensity services to those that need it. The team primarily works with people living with severe and chronic mental illnesses and helps them begin the path of recovery. The team incorporates a Psychiatrist, Nursing staff, a Licensed Team Leader, Substance Abuse Clinician(s), lLcensed therapist(s), Vocational specialists and additional case managers. Support is provided around symptom management, independent living, competitive employment and tenancy supports as well as recovery from substance abuse and mental illness.
Please use the following checklist to determine if you meet the criteria for a specific program and submit with a referral form: ACTT checklist.
Recovery Residence for Men:
The Treatment Program in Asheville features:
- SACOT, SAIOP, individual, group, and experiential therapy
- Curriculum focused on recovery and relapse prevention
- Counseling to address issues and challenges unique to adult men in recovery
Located in Fletcher, our Recovery Residence promotes substance use recovery in a structured environment and provides adult male consumers with:
- A 14 bed home with a large kitchen, a dining room, laundry and living space
- Peer Support Specialists care and monitoring 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily participation in household duties and activity planning
The 8 week program includes:
- Food; transportation to access treatment; community resources and events that are conducive to community re-integration; treatment supports such as clothing, dental and medication cost as needed and available; linking with primary medical care; vocational development; discharge planning and coordination including linkage with needed community resources.
- This program only accepts referrals from detox units, in-patient treatment centers and residential treatment programs at this time.
- This program is grant funded and primarily serves uninsured, adult male (18+), North Carolina residents.
- Some third party insurances and NC Medicaid are accepted based on bed availability.
Full-Service Pharmacy Located Within October Road Inc.
October Road Inc. provides pharmacy services for our patients through Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company. Genoa is able to fulfill all of October Road Inc.’s clients’ medication needs on-site to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care.
Our Pharmacy Provides These Services for our Patients
- Convenient On-Site Location
- Ability to Fill All Medications, including primary care medications
- Easy Prescription Transfers
- Medication Counseling
- Prior Authorization Assistance
- After Hour On-Call Service
- Medication Delivery via Mail
- Personalized Refill Reminder Call Program
- Assistance with Insurance Plans, including Medicare Part D
- Convenient Adherence Packaging to Improve Medication Utilization
To learn more, contact us today!
Genoa's Convenient Hours of Operation
Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company
Phone: (828) 348-8083
Fax: (828) 253-2251
Genoa Pharmacy, c/o October Road Inc., 119 Tunnel Rd., Suite G, Asheville, NC 28805/
Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm
Closed for Lunch: 12:30pm-1pm