Addiction Treatment Services in North Carolina
October Road provides many substance use treatment programs in Asheville, Charlotte, and surrounding areas. During your first appointment, you will meet with a master-level licensed clinician who will perform a Comprehensive Care Assessment. The results of this assessment will help us determine which treatment program is right for you.
Outpatient substance use treatment is a valuable tool for individuals who have already completed a higher level of treatment (such as inpatient or intensive outpatient) and want to continue working on their recovery skills. It can also be used as an initial level of treatment, or as a preventative measure for those who feel that they are becoming dependent on drugs and alcohol.
Typically, outpatient programs include group or individual therapy sessions where clients will learn to recognize, confront, and overcome the triggers of their substance use issues.
The education provided through outpatient treatment can help an individual turn to healthier and more appropriate ways of coping.
October Road provides a variety of trauma-informed outpatient substance use treatment services:
Partial Hospitalization Program /Day Treatment (ASAM 2.5)
- Matrix Model/Seeking Safety Drug and Alcohol Treatment groups meet five times per week for five hours each session
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm (one-hour break from 12:00pm to 1:00pm)
SAIOP (Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient) (ASAM 2)
- Matrix Model/Seeking Safety Drug and Alcohol Treatment groups meet three times per week for three hours each session
- Women’s IOP groups are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Day IOP groups are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Evening IOP groups are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Early Recovery (ASAM I)
- Matrix Model/Seeking Safety Drug and Alcohol Treatment groups that meet twice per week for two hours each session
- Day Early Recovery groups are Tuesday and Thursday 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Evening Early Recovery groups are Tuesday and Thursday 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Aftercare (Continuing Care/Post-Intensive Treatment) (ASAM 1)
- Matrix Model/Seeking Safety Drug and Alcohol Treatment groups meet once per week for one and a half hours each session
- Evening Aftercare group is Thursday 5:30pm – 7:00pm
DWI Assessment and Treatment
- NC State Certified DWI Assessment and Treatment provider
CROSS AREA SERVICE PROGRAM (CASP)
Located in Woodfin, our Recovery Residence promotes substance use recovery in a structured environment and provides adult male clients with:
- A 14-bed home with a large kitchen, a dining room, a laundry room and living space
- Peer Support Specialist care and monitoring 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily participation in household duties and activity planning
Our program only accepts referrals from detox units, inpatient treatment centers, and residential treatment programs at this time.
This program is grant funded and primarily serves uninsured, adult male (18+), North Carolina residents.
- 90-day treatment program
- Transportation to access treatment
- Community resources and events that are conducive to community re-integration
- Treatment supports such as clothing, dental and medication costs as needed and available
- Coordination with primary medical care
- Vocational development
- Discharge planning and coordination including linkage with needed community resources